When you first enter the UpRival system, the first page you will see is the “Publishers” page, which is considered to be the acting “Home” page of the system. As part of this page, you see the following sections and options: custom graphs and data, tabular presentation of all publishers registered, a search filter, the “Create Publisher” option, and an “Export” option.
The publishers listed on this page are presented with the following information (tabular view):
- Publisher’s Name
- Impressions – measuring the number of times an ad is seen (shown on one IP address), regardless of whether it has been clicked or not
- Clicks – measuring the number of times an ad has been clicked
- CTR or Click Through Rate – measuring the success of an online campaign for a particular website by the number of users that clicked on a specific link. CTR is measured by the number of clicks divided by the number of impressions, and then multiplied by one hundred
- Spend – measuring the amount of money spent on traffic. The CPM metric equals the amount of impressions divided by one thousand, and then multiplied by the CPM or cost rate. The CPC metric equals the number of clicks multiplied by the CPC or cost rate
- Revenue – measuring the total value of all conversions, and expressed in dollars. Actions must be set up for this to calculate as revenue, where revenue equals action revenue amount multiplied by conversions
- eCPM or Effective Cost per Mile – comparing the costs of advertising campaigns, and measures effective cost per 1000 impressions. The eCPM equals spend divided by impressions, and multiplied by one thousand
- Conversions – measuring the number of converted site visitors into paying customers. A successful conversion may be defined as the sale of a product to a consumer whose interest in the item was initially sparked by clicking a banner advertisement. In order to calculate the number of conversions, the actions must be set up
- eCPA or Effective Cost per Action – the user is being charged only when a purchase has been made or when a registration form is filled, respectively an effective cost per acquisition. The eCPA equals spend divided by conversions
- EPC or Earnings Per Click – this is a mathematical formula used to determine the commissions earned per click. It can be calculated by taking commissions and dividing it by the total number of clicks. The EPC equals action revenue amount multiplied by conversions, and divided by clicks
- CPC or Cost Per Click – this means advertisers are being charged each time a user clicks on the ad. CPC equals spend divided by clicks
You can filter the publishers by date, and can also view the deleted publishers.
Click Here to watch a video on creating a Publisher.